We’ve got a thing for healthy, glowing skin. Whether you’re a newbie or a skincare expert, grab a cup of tea and read on for our pro glow tips.
- Cleanse twice a day to remove the buildup of dirt, oil, sweat, makeup, and pollution. Avoid cleansers with sulphates, synthetic fragrances, and petrochemicals like mineral oil and paraffin. Choose a gentle cleanser like Max + Jane Transilience Calming Cleanser, massage into moist skin for 60 seconds, rinse with warm water, and gently pat dry with a clean washcloth.
- Tone after cleansing to balance your skin’s pH and prepare it to accept moisture. Choose a product like Max + Jane Gentle Everyday Toner that’s formulated without alcohol which can dry out your skin and cause irritation.
- Treat your eyes to prevent the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark circles. The pores around our eyes are smaller than on the rest of our face so it’s important to use an eye cream or serum like Max + Jane Eye Nutrient with smaller molecules that can penetrate into these petite pores.
- Moisturize to help replenish your natural barrier function and deliver vitamins and minerals into your skin. If your skin is on the normal to dry side, opt for an oil like Max + Jane Skin Nutrient. If your skin is on the normal to oily side, try a light gel moisturizer like Max + Jane Nimbus Rose.
Your skin is a busy organ. While you’re out and about it has to protect you from the environment, fight infection, and maintain and rebuild its own barrier function. Not to mention keeping up visual appearances like staying smooth, hydrated, and even-toned. Our bodies naturally produce many of the things that we need to help our skin stay in tip-top shape like hyaluronic acid and collagen. As we age, our production of these nutrients decreases which is why we need products like Max + Jane Eye Nutrient and Nimbus Rose to help give us a boost with skin identical ingredients.
Skin identical ingredients provide nutrients that help maintain and rebuild the outer layer of the skin and lock in moisture. They reinforce the skin’s ability to function at its best and fight off environmental stress from the sun and pollution. Combining these ingredients with antioxidants like vitamin-c, rosehips, and sea buckthorn oil significantly reduce cellular damage that leads to collagen loss.
In addition to topical products, maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle are essential for your glow.
- Stay hydrated by drinking half of your body weight in ounces of water per day, plus an additional 8 ounces for every hour of exercise, alcoholic, or caffeinated beverage. For example, a 200 lb. person who drinks one cup of coffee and works out for one hour per day would need to drink 116 ounces of water. (200/2) + 8 + 8 = 116
- Get your beauty rest by sleeping at least 7-8 hours per night. Not sure if you’re getting enough rest? Try waking up without an alarm for a week and see how many hours your body naturally averages.
- Manage your stress however works best for you. Regular exercise, meditation, and talks with supportive friends are some of our fav ways.
- Eat a balanced diet that includes protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates and increase your intake of antioxidant-rich foods like berries and peppers to protect against free radical damage.
To us, skincare is self care. Thanks for letting Max + Jane be part of your day!